Thursday, January 22, 2009

All hail this holiest of days

Special thanks to regular reader slumus lordicus for flagging the significance of today's date. A mere 44 years ago, the Almighty bestowed onto the world one Diane Lane. You'd think this date would be burned into my brain. Alas, it isn't -- simply because I believe Diane Lane is not of this earth. (In a good way. A very good way.)

Enjoy this clip that, as much as anything, represents the genesis of my ... um, interest in Ms. Lane. I saw "The Outsiders" only recently, and "Lady Beware" came in my teen years. I guess I was into her in "Six Pack," but we were both a little young then.

"Streets of Fire," though. Well, I'll let the video speak for itself. Never mind that this movie is now 25 years old. And sure, that's someone else's voice. But the look! The showmanship! The slinky dress! Happy Birthday, Diane.



(Want more? I know you do. Here's her other big number from that movie.)

1 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. Could use some triangle shaped mylar costumes though. And where was Mr. Boogalow?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home