Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The adventure begins ...

True fans of the cinema will recognize that as the tagline to "Remo Williams," the '80s film that failed to launch a franchise -- I guess the adventure ended, too -- but delivered plenty of laughs with that little Korean dude teaching Fred Ward some kung fu fighting. That Fred ... he drives like a monkey in heat.

As the above reference may suggest, this could be an odd movie blog. Bottom line: I see a fair number of movies between cable, TiVo, Netflix and my neighborhood cineplex(es), and it's usually an odd mix. So this merely is an outlet for comments on whatever I've seen lately, be it a current Oscar contender or "Roadhouse" for the 37th time. What, you know a better bouncer-philosopher movie in which Sam Elliott gets stabbed and laid out on a bar? (Oops, spoiler alert.)

So there you have it. Not sure how often I'll get stuff out there, but it should be a fun trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home